There are times when you are planning to rent a bike for a single day out with friends or for a couple of hours. The nearby park is inviting you to go for a round in this nice weather and can even make some new friends with other bikers while on the ride. Now, apparently, there are some interesting questions that might pop up right in your mind. What kind of bike are you planning to ride? What is the right size of the bike for your comfortable ride? What are the major rules revolving around bike rentals? It might get a bit more overwhelmed for the first timers to find answers to these questions. So, make sure to get some points covered first before making the final move with the rental department.
If you are planning to explore some hikes or wants to head on to a bike trail, then bike rental New York is the right solution for you. As you have your car to drive you around the city so you literally need the bike for such weekend trips. So, renting the bikes in place of purchasing them is a clear winner for all. Before you do so, there are some instances that you might need to follow first.
Have to take care of the weather:
There is another interesting point for you to consider whenever you are planning to rent a bike for cycling based adventure. It is to check out the weather condition and then apply for this bike renting service now. Some parts of the USA might be quite hot and dry most of the year so the weather may not cause you a lot of problem. But, it is always a clever trick to check out the weather before going for a trip first.
Sizing of the bike does matter a lot:
Whenever you are making plans to rent a bike, it is vital to know that you are actually renting the proper size. There are some basics that you care to follow. The size of the bike is measured from crack to where the seat posts will start.
- Using any chart size for the bike, you will come to learn more about the size of the bike for you to rent so that you can ride quite in comfort.
- Then the rental store will have bike rental attendant at your service. That person is the one to take all the measurements and help you in finding the right bicycle size of the proper fit.
Time to chalk out the biking route:
If you check out the bicycling joints in this city, there are so many maps and routes included in the same. There are multiple roads out there, which come with bike lanes as well. Almost any form of bike rental shop is likely to have loads of maps associated with bike routes that can easily take you around city.
- You can easily check out the online resource to know more about the routes first.
- The city will definitely have one Master Bicycle Plan, which you can easily access.
- Not just the map, but you have to keep an open eye for the bicycle signals, bicycle laws and so much more over here.
Whether head towards a rental shop or getting the product online:
There are times when you have thought of browsing online for the bicycles for rent. Before you do that, you need to consider the advantages of visiting a bike rental shop first.
- Visiting the shop can sometimes prove to be a bit advantageous mainly because the attendant or owner will be the one to suggest specified tours and answer questions that you might have.
- Renting bike from local shop will provide insights into series of tours like bat tours, landmark tours and more.
- These tour guides will probably serve you the purpose of great recommenders.
If you have any question regarding the bike hiking route you have opt for or anything associated with this renting procedure, these guides will be there watching over you for help.
Need to be safe:
Before renting bike, you have to be familiar with biking regulations and rules and ways to stay safe while riding town. Some ore obvious points to jot down are:
- Knowing the hand signals to use
- Wearing helmet as the basic precautionary measure
- Riding bike in same direction as the traffic flow
- Ensuring that the bikes have proper lights if planning to head for a ride at night
Learn more about the bicycle parking now:
There are multiple bike ranks installed all over the city, making parking a lot easier for the bicycle owners. These bicycles are always proven to be great alternative to drive as you just zip around town without any worry about parking at all. It is amazing to know that most of the buses have their own bike hooks or racks, and even there are some presented in the bus stops.
So, if you are actually in need of any break from biking, all you have to do is just park rented bicycle or just toss it on bus and continue cycling adventure now. There is one thing for you to consider is that B cycles are always in need to be parked at charging station or you might continue to be charged from rental even when you are not biking. So, an alternative in this regard for you to consider is renting bike from any actual bike center and not from charging stations. It will help you to avoid any form of idle fees.
Safety notions to follow:
Be sure to double check the bikes before you rent it and be sure that the equipment works properly. Always be alert at traffic and yield to traffic whenever the time remains appropriate. Furthermore, you might have to consider wearing clothing items to make you more visible, like bright colors or anything reflecting lights.