Saturday 9th January 1909
The Badger Four Wheel Drive Auto Company was organised in Clintonville,Wisconsin (US) by Otto Zachow and William Besserdich. Zachow and Besserdich developed and built the first successful four-wheel drive car, the “Battleship”, in 1908. Its success led to the founding of the company. “Badger” was dropped from the name in 1910, and the name was changed to the FWD Corporation in 1958.